Prof. Rami Alhadeethi
Rami Hikmat Fouad AL-Hadeethi PhD MSc BSc
An international, award winning Professor of Industrial Technology & Operations Management whose solid understanding of business administration in an engineering context, passion for learning, and consultative leadership style are the driving forces behind a progressively successful 29+ year career. Enjoys inspiring students across the EMEA to achieve their full academic and personal potential. Founder of academic departments, colleges and programmes, and participant in worldwide conferences. Industrial Engineering Thematic Leader, Education Society Chapter, IEEE United Kingdom and Ireland Section.
Operations Management, Production Planning & Control, TQM, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Maintenance Systems, Japanese Management, Lean Manufacturing, Engineering Economy, Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control, Facilities Planning, Logistics, Cost Benefit Analysis, Strategic Management, Project Management, Knowledge Management, Principles of Management, Scientific Research Methodology and Workshop Technology
Vice-President (International), University of Victoria, London, UK, 2021 – date.
Industrial Engineering Thematic Leader, Education Society Chapter, IEEE, UK and Ireland Section, 2017 – date.
Expert and Speaker, Oxford Academic Union, Oxford, UK, 2015 – date.
Guest Professor, Global Education Career Centre (GECC), London, UK, 2019 – date.
Director of Uruk Digital Training Centre, Iraqi Technologist Board, London, UK, 2019 -date.
Associate Professor, University of Jordan, 2015 to 2019:
- Member, Steering Committee, University Strategic Plan.
- Chairman and Academic Adviser, Maintenance Management and Quality Engineering MSc Program.
- Chairman, Aramex Award Projects Committee, responsible for awarding distinguished graduation projects.
- Member of the Postgraduate Studies Committee, School of Engineering.
- Developing the performance of PhD, MSc and BSc students at numerous universities across Jordan.
- Supervising, evaluating and examining graduate projects across diverse industrial engineering disciplines.
- Assisting students with applied research, including field training focused on real-life industrial problems.
Associate Professor, Hashemite University, Jordan, 2000-2015:
Contributed to the establishment of the Faculty of Engineering and Department of Industrial Engineering.
- Vice-Dean, Deanship of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies (2007-2008).
- Vice-Dean, Faculty of Engineering (2006-2007).
- Coordinator of Postgraduate Studies (2004-2006).
- Head of Industrial Engineering Department (2000-2004).
Further Roles & Responsibilities
- Consultant – Project Officer: Centre for Studies, Consultations and Community Services.
- Chairman: Postgraduate Studies Committee, Faculty of Engineering.
- Chairman: Accreditation Committee, Faculty of Engineering.
- Member: University Strategic Plan Committee.
- Coordinator: University Board of Postgraduate Studies.
- Coordinator: University Board of Scientific Research.
- Contributed to establishing the Faculty of Engineering Industrial Engineering Department.
- Representative of industrial engineering specialization, Achievement Exam Committee for Jordanian universities at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
External Engagements | Visiting Professor
Department of Business Administration, Ahmed Bin Mohammad Military College, Doha, Qatar.
- Taught Operations and Production Management, Knowledge Management, Scientific Research Methodology, and Statistics, and supervised graduation projects, Jun 2009 – Aug 2009
- Taught Principles of Management, Knowledge Management, Statistics and Mathematics, Sep 2008 – Jan 2009
Visiting Professor, AL Fateh University, Tripoli, Libya, 1999-2000:
Within the Industrial Management Department: taught Operations and Production Management and Operations Research and supervised undergraduate projects.
Founder – Head, University of Baghdad, Industrial Management Department, College of Economics & Administration, 1998-2000
- Co-ordinator, 1997-1998
- Assistant Professor, 1995-1997
Assistant Professor, College of Engineering,1991-1995.
Part-time Teaching Professor, Al-Mansoor Private University College, Industrial Management Department, 1991-1995.
Teaching Assistant, University of Bradford, UK, Industrial Technology Department, 1989-1991.
- The honorary title (Name in Science) awarded in Oxford Summit of Leaders (Science and Education), 12-15 October 2014, Oxford, UK.
- International “Science and Education” Competition, Certificate of Excellence, in the “Best Scientist” Category, Club of Rectors Academic Council, Oxford, UK, 2014.
- The first rank in the central exams held for Iraq Universities by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Baghdad, Iraq, Academic year 1997-1998.
- Oxford Academic Union (OAU), The e-Institute for Twenty-First Century Skills (Founding Member and Senior Adviser in Germany), Canadian Society for Quality (CSQ), The Association of Iraqi Academics in UK, Iraqi Union of Engineers (Consultant), Jordanian Engineers Union (JEU), Establisher Member at Arab Trainers Union (ATU), Federation of Arab Engineers (FAE), Jordanian Trainers Society (JTS), and Permanent Member at Jordan Society for Quality (JSQ).
- Member, Editorial Board:
Advances in Industrial Engineering and Management, ISSN: 2222-7059 (Print); EISSN: 2222-7067 (Online), American Scientific Publishers| International Journal of Engineering & Industries (IJEI), ISSN: 2093-5765 (Print), ISSN: 2233-9418 (Online) | Advances in Information Sciences & Services Sciences (AISS) Journal, ISSN: 2233-9345 (Online), ISSN: 1976-3700| and Journal of Civil Engineering Research & Technology, Scientific Research and Community, Coventry, UK.
- Member, Advisory Board, Globus International Journal of Management and Information Technology, ISSN 0975-721 X and European Centre for Science and Technology, (ECSciTech), UK.
- Fifty-six papers on engineering – scientific topics published in international conferences and journals.
- Three published books on the subject of industrial engineering.
- A complete list of papers and books can be provided on request.
- Certified in instruction and e-learning systems and experienced in teaching e-learning, distance learning and blended-learning courses; has taught many courses with Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMeU), Dubai, UAE and at University of Jordan and the Hashemite University in Jordan.
- Chairman, speaker and committee member of many international conferences worldwide (list available).
- Voluntarily held specialised workshops at Al-Kindi Society for Engineers, London.
- Voluntary work as an honorary member of the JICA alumni association (JAAJ) in Jordan, and Honorary Member of Iraqi Scientific Business Management Society in Iraq. Covered many voluntary workshops and training sessions for those bodies and newly graduated engineers at Jordan Engineers Association.
University of Bradford, UKPhD, Industrial Technology and Production Management
Cranfield University, UK: MSc, Industrial Engineering and Production Management
University of Baghdad, Iraq: BSc Mechanical Engineering